Paul Graham Health & Fitness
It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ZwiftZone - 4K - London Mall Forward Sprint - 01-22-20
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:20 am 

I guess I must have told most of the northern hemisphere about my trials with a worn chain and cassette on my Zwift bike.

But just in case ... LOL

The last couple of years I've been working on building sprint strength in the bottom of the cog range. So much so, the chain and cassette have come to know each other very well on that part of the cassette - interacting as any well mated couple would.

Problem now, I've changed track and am now plowing a lot of crank hours into elevation, climbing all the bigger pointy bits on Watopia, or any other course that provides a descent climbing challenge.

And as you may have guessed, I'm using many of the cogs that are not used sprinting or general hill climbing. And those cogs now don't want to play, they've been left out and are now getting some revenge in.

The chain doesn't sit right on the lesser used gear-set, and slips when anything like a decent power range is applied.

So, a new chain/cassette it is going to be - but for today, it's down from the Surrey hills onto the flats of the Mall and, well, y'know, the sprinty stuff - sorry coach.

It'll be back to project elevation soon but for now, those Green jerseys look mighty tempting :)

As an aside, the 'weather' was bad on the Mall, the start of timed sector couldn't be seen and as would be on days like this, I messed up the sprint approach. Such are days like today, if it can go wrong...

Ride On My Zwifty Friends!